Sister Wives: Janelle Brown Says Everything Is About Robyn and Marriage To Kody Is NOT What She ‘Signed Up For’
Kody and Janelle Brown sit down to discuss serious issues within their relationship on the upcoming episode of Sister Wives. The couple, who spiritually wed in 1993, has hit bumps in their marriage amid Kody’s third wife, Christine’s exit from the plural family.
Kody has admitted to feeling unloved, stating that he was “begging” for a closer relationship with his second wife, in a previous episode.
- Kody implies to viewers that he believes that Janelle has taken her independence too far.
- Janelle explains that it was necessary to develop an independent spirit within the plural marriage.
- Kody tells Janelle that he wants to strengthen their relationship, comparing his ideal to the bond he shares with his fourth and only legal wife, Robyn.
- Kody sees no problem with his demands.
- Kody admits that it feels as if the marriage is “unraveling.” Janelle acknowledges to cameras that she isn’t sure the marriage will survive.
Kody implies to viewers that he believes that Janelle has taken her independence too far.
“I don’t really see it as much that she’s independent as that she’s aloof,” he says in a confessional in a released preview clip. “She kind of does her thing, I kind of do mine.”
Janelle explains that it was necessary to develop an independent spirit within the plural marriage.
Janelle tells cameras — “I guess for years and years I’ve made decisions for myself. You cannot depend on your husband to meet all of your needs.”
Janelle informs Kody that she likes being independent, but admits that something within the relationship feels “lost.”
“I don’t know how it got started, but I’ve enjoyed it,” she says. “I feel like somehow, maybe we lost something (in the relationship).”
Kody, 53, suggests in a personal interview that Janelle’s loyalty issues and her “lack of respect” for his strict COVID-19 rules are at the root of the problem.
Kody tells Janelle that he wants to strengthen their relationship, comparing his ideal to the bond he shares with his fourth and only legal wife, Robyn.
“That’s my invitation to you, is to get to a place where you and I have that kind of loyalty. And we negotiate and we work out these things like a married couple,” he says.
“It’s wild to me that you don’t think I have been,” Janelle fires back.
Janelle sounds off about Kody’s insensitive assessment in a confessional spot.
“All I’m hearing is, ‘Robyn is perfect, Robyn is great, Robyn treats me the way I’m supposed to be treated. You need to all of a sudden be this way. We have a small team. Everybody’s gotta conform and then we’re good.’ No, that’s not what I signed up for,” Janelle declares.
Kody sees no problem with his demands.
“I don’t think it’s unreasonable for me to expect that my wife would be loyal to me and that she would be an accountable person,” he tells cameras.
The TLC patriarch informs Janelle that their partnership may no longer be a “good fit,” but Janelle points out his own shifting standards.
“It feels like the rules have changed for me a little bit,” she explains. “You always acted like I was a good wife. We were great, I was making my own decisions and we would come together and it felt like (you) were OK with that.”
Kody admits that it feels as if the marriage is “unraveling.” Janelle acknowledges to cameras that she isn’t sure the marriage will survive.
She admits—“I never thought that I would ever be in a place where I would be questioning my relationship but the last few years I’ve begun to wonder if we’re compatible anymore. Maybe this doesn’t work anymore for me. I don’t know.”
Watch the clip below:
Sister Wives airs on Sundays at 10 pm, ET, on TLC.
Related Sister Wives news:
- ‘Sister Wives’ Kody Brown Struggles To ‘Love’ Janelle Due To Lack Of Respect
- ‘Sister Wives’: Kody Brown Hangs Onto Meri Only To Fund Coyote Pass
- Kody Brown Admits Nobody Likes Him and He’s Ashamed
- Fans SLAM Kody and Robyn Brown for Not Allowing Daughter Ari to Hug Sister Truely Goodbye
- Christine and Janelle Brown In Talks for ‘Sister Wives’ Spinoff Show After Ditching Kody
- Fans Unleash On Kody and Robyn Brown After Unaired Clip Exposes Their Horrible Parenting
- Kody - I Was Only Intimate With Christine Out of 'Duty': 'I Wasn't in Love'
- ‘Sister Wives’ Star Meri Brown ‘Wants To Work On' Marriage To Kody
- Kody Brown: 'I Have An Emotional Attachment To Christine' As She Packs Up Their House
- Christine and Kody Brown's Daughter Truely Says It's a 'Betrayal' to Learn of Their Split Last
- Christine Brown: Yup, I'm Dating! And I Wanna Get Married Again!
- Kody Brown Calls Relationship with Wife Meri 'Amiable' But Not a 'Married Situation'